Metrics & Reports
The Skill Engine leverages a system of metrics and reports to provide individual and aggregated insights about its entities. In essence, you can see a metric as a single number representing some amount of information about an entity or a collection of entities of the same type. Below, you can see a handful of examples of metrics available through the Skill Engine API:
- Employability of an Employee
- Average employability of all Employees
- Count for a given Skill in a set of entities
- Skill level for a given Skill and Employee
A report aggregates those metrics into a clear overview.
- Employability for all Employees
- High-level skill distribution of the company
- Current position alignment for all Employees
Reports are structured to enable you to combine them with different data sources inside your own BI tooling. For this reason, metrics tend to provide insights (e.g. an overall indication of your skills health), whereas the focus of reports is generally to aggregate these across a population.